Aggressive Tennessee Criminal Defense Attorney Fights for Your Rights
Determined lawyer represents people accused of crimes in the Columbia area
If you face criminal charges, you can be sure that the police and prosecutors will bring all their power to bear against you. That’s why you want a strong advocate to fight for your rights just as forcefully. At Gene Hallworth Attorney at Law, I represent people throughout Tennessee who’ve been accused of committing crimes by providing aggressive, results-oriented defense. I know the Tennessee criminal justice system, and I have both the background and skill to take on tough cases. No matter what type of charge you face, you can count on me to press for the best possible result through tenacious, tireless advocacy.
Persistent Tennessee advocate challenges the charges against you
At Gene Hallworth Attorney at Law, I oppose charges ranging from minor offenses to serious felonies. Felony convictions carry the most serious consequences. A person convicted of a felony is sentenced to serve at least one year in a state or federal prison and may be incarcerated for life. Although misdemeanors are less serious than felonies, a misdemeanor conviction can send you to jail and leave you with a record that follows you for the rest of your life.
My firm represents clients charged with:
- Violent crimes — I build self-defense arguments and other strong legal responses to charges such as murder, assault, rape and other violent crimes.
- Driving offenses — If you have been charged with operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol, driving with a suspended license or another traffic offense, I can challenge law enforcement’s procedures and test results.
- Drug violations — Charges of trafficking, distributing or possessing an illegal substance can result in heavy fines and extended time in jail. My goal is to eliminate or minimize the charges against you.
- Sex crimes — Sentences for sexual offenses can carry lifelong consequences. I will work to ensure that your side of the story is told and that your rights are protected.
- Theft — During negotiations with prosecutors and in court, I skillfully respond to larceny, robbery and other theft charges.
I also work to help clients eliminate past criminal charges or get those records sealed.
Tenacious law firm presses for dismissals, exoneration and fair plea deals
Through each step of your case, I will strongly challenge the prosecution's efforts to prove theirs. You can count on me to do everything in my power to obtain the best possible result under the facts, whether that’s a dismissal of the charges, exoneration at trial, or a reduced sentence through a plea agreement. I know that witnesses can misremember events, crime scenes can be tampered with, and law enforcement can make mistakes. To build your defense, I will carefully examine all arrest records and other relevant documents for vulnerabilities. I may also personally speak with witnesses or examine the alleged crime scene. When the circumstances call for it, I bring in experts to challenge the prosecution’s theories.
Nothing is more important than your freedom. If you need a defense attorney who is dedicated to your case, contact Gene Hallworth Attorney at Law today.
Contact an assertive Tennessee criminal defense attorney
If you’re charged with a crime, you deserve a criminal defense attorney who will fight for you. At Gene Hallworth Attorney at Law, in Columbia, I have the determination and experience to pursue the best possible outcome no matter what charge you face. Call 931-901-2253 or contact me online for a free consultation.